GMB Northants Community Branch
Secretary: Gordon Glassford, , Corby, Northants, NN17 2LL
Minutes of the branch meeting held on 30.11.16
2. Matters Arising: There are still problems with Accuma not paying the national living wage. Rachelle is going to arrange a meeting with the UK directors.
a) Fergus was elected as delegate to Corby CLP.
b) We will nominate members for election to the regional council at the January meeting.
4. Nomination of delegate to congress: It was agreed that we nominate Martyn Reuby as delegate to congress. His name will now go forward for election by branches.
5. Motion for Congress: We will discuss this at our next meeting.
6. Secretary’s Report: The secretary intends to get the annual newsletter out before the next meeting. The diaries will be posted out to stewards etc before the new year.
7. Presidents Report: Jackie had nothing to report.
8. Social Media Report: Various items from the GMB and TUC had been posted on the website and retweeted. Traffic remained about the same.
9. Equality Officer: Martyn was absent.
10. Workplace Reports:
a) Kier: Some new members have been recruited. Management are talking to the union.
b) Amey: There are now 124 members at Amey who work for the county council.