In the foyer as you entered the building a range of stalls from , specialist books, Amazon, Waspi , Credit Union, support for Cuba, Bladder cancer to name a few and of course the Equality one !
Highlights over the days included representatives from the Amazon workforce at Coventry who gave a moving speech on their fight for recognition.( and a standing ovation) The National Secretary supported the Amazon workers and said he won’t rest until Amazon is recognised.
- Supporting working people,
- Strengthen the role of Trade Unions,
- No more fire and rehire ,
- No zero hours and make workpay.
- Clean energy which will also equal jobs
- In the first 100 days of a Labour government legislation “ New Deal for Working People”
- Public Procurement – for British jobs.
Keir Starmer was very clear the move to clean energy will be managed to create jobs and we will not have the same legacy wastelands left from the closure of coal mines, but a working community.
I invited the women form our region to a meeting where we discussed and scoped out plans for a Regional Conference.
An inspiring week.
Thank you, for the privilege of attending.
GMB Northants Branch Equalities Officer
GMB Midlands Regional Women’s Chair