Below are the summary minutes of the meeting. A full copy of the minutes are issued to attendees and are available on request from the branch secretary.
Summary Minutes of the Branch Meeting held on 27th April 2023
Agreed as a true record.
- Eleanor Marx Award – Branch agreed to support nomination for Pat
- Mary MacArthur Award
- Health and Safety Rep of the Year
- WMD – Cube logistics
- Phil Roper – Vacancy, Scotland
- Adrian – invoice for digital marketing services
- Banner Theatre
- Solidarity in India
- Wortley Hall – announcement of death of a share holder
- Invite to Scottish PFA Awards
- East Midlands Labour – postal votes
- Keith Prance – outreach re-hab services
- East Midlands Regional Labour digital organising campaign
- Clare Wilkins, Older People’s Rights
- Team Labour – Building a better Britain
- Wortley Hall – AGM minutes
- Banner Theatre – Enough is Enough
- Labour Training Days – via Zoom
- Correspondence – Death of Duncan Copeland – Corby
- Kettering CLP – meeting dates
- Rachelle, Race Achievement Scholarship
- Phil Roper – Notice of death, Vin Bloor, former Regional Secretary
- Team Labour – Tory Cuts Record in the NHS
- Paula Boulton – Invoice for WMD
- NSCAG – monthly update
- Homestart – Annual Review
- Adrian – website updates
- WOW – Climate update
- Chesterfield May Day Event
- Friends and Bredrin – sponsorship – Prostate Cancer
- Accompanying Reps Course - called off!
- Equality Forum – election results
- Pat W – Prostate Cancer
- ET – WMD
- NN Journal – various news items
- Avaaz – Kenya update.
Report on Workers Memorial Day. The Secretary gave a report from the rehearsals that evening in Corby. Also, an update on the day. Memorial wreath bought for laying at the Blast furnace man’s statue. Secretary reported that he had done an interview on Corby radio to promote the play.
Report on Regional Council, via link, which was much more suitable for the President. Long discussion on prostate cancer.
Council reviewed many written reports that were sent in, which are available to the branch:
- health and safety
- legal report
Digital Communications Officers Report
Website activity for last 30 days: we had 214 (+70) website visits (sessions) by 140 (+14) people (users) and they viewed 795 (+234) pages.
News Items Added to Website: YOUNG MEMBERS DEVELOPMENT WEEKEND - MAY 2023 SURVIVORS TRUST HELPLINE MARCH IN MARCH NORTHAMPTON 2023 NATIONAL RACE BANNER WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH EVENT SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING 230223 MARCH 2023 BRANCH MEETING WORKERS MEMORIAL DAY EVENT CORBY 2023
WhatsApp Group has 31 members (-1)
The March email newsletter was sent out on Monday 27th March to 1,576 members (January list) and has been opened by 723 members, a 46.2% opening rate Top link Rachelle at March in March
Twitter: 765 (+12) Followers. Last 28 days: Tweets viewed (impressions) 362 (-42.6%) Profile visits 369 (+69.3%)
Facebook: 276 (+4) Followers. Last 28 days: Posts seen by (reach) 251 (+373.6%) people. Page visits 44 (-20%)
Equality Officers Report
Very little happening in region at the moment. People very busy with local elections.
Disability groups running ‘a bit better’ and now having meetings.
LGBTQ+ meetings taking place.
Regional Organisers Report
Accompanying Reps Report (ARs)
Secretary reported on cases he has handled in the past few weeks.