Below are the summary minutes of the meeting. A full copy of the minutes are issued to attendees and are available on request from the branch secretary.
A PDF file copy of the October Summary Minutes are also here.
GMB Northants Community Branch
Secretary, Alan Irwin
Summary Minutes of the Branch Meeting held on 27th October 2022
- Up-date on recent Trades Council meeting.
- Membership Department – update on membership.
- Authorisation of payment for flowers for Queens funeral.
- International Transport Workers – Campaign P&O ferries.
- Nicaragua – AGM and up-date.
- National Pensioners Convention – Birmingham conference.
- LRD – Employment Law – copy for Jackie to support her studies.
- WoW – Debt crisis globally. “Pushing people into poverty”
- Unity Trust – increase in rates.
- AVAAZ – Brazil elections update.
- Corby Trades Council (CTC) meeting – Corby Demands Better
- WoW – Cost of Living Crisis.
- Northants JJ - daily up-date.
- CTC speaker for next CTC meeting.
- Nicaragua – Food sovereignty campaign.
- GMB vacancies.
- WoW – Palestine update – atrocities against civilians.
- Nicaragua – update.
- TUC rally London – 2nd November, Demand Better.
- Banner Theatre – Donation request. Agreed, £100
- Cuba Solidarity, sponsorship figure reached.
- National Pension Committee. Thank you to branches that donated.
- New Regional Council Election Representatives.
- Postal Correspondence; Cuba Solidarity,
- Postal correspondence – GMB 2023 conference – Secretary nominated.
- Postal correspondence – Conference 2023. Appointed Equalities \officer nominated.
- LRD – re-new affiliation.
- Report on meeting with FTO – 2023 review. Agreed for the Secretary to become more involved with recruitment in 2023.
- Consensus that we should do more active work with younger members and recruit more younger members.
- Education for Reps. Possibly more local courses.
- Up-date on recent CTC meeting from CTC Secretary – Excellent turn out and a very productive meeting. Next CTC meeting to be put on our website.
- Physical meetings for next year – possible three dates across the County.
- Minutes received of the Regional Council meeting. Could not attend the meetings. Travel is proving extremely difficult; 2 hours drive or 3 train changes. Everyone agreed this was unreasonable for our delegates.
- Employment Law Certificate. President reported that she is enjoying the course and progressing well with the work to support her work as an Accompanying Rep.
Digital Communications Officers Report
- Website activity for last 30 days: we had 155 (+18) website visits (sessions) by 123 (+12) people (users) and they viewed 488 (+72) pages.
- News Items Added to Website:
- CHARITY RIDE CUBA - NOVEMBER 2022
- SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING 290922
- OCTOBER 2022 BRANCH MEETING
- MENOPAUSE IN THE WORKPLACE
- WhatsApp Group has 30 members (-1)
- The October email newsletter was sent out on Tuesday 25th October to 1,541 members (September list) and has been opened by 652 members, a 42.3% opening rate
- Twitter: 730 (+4) Followers. Last 28 days: Tweets viewed (impressions) 392 (+3.4%) Profile visits 332 (+8.9%)
- Facebook: 270 (+2) Followers. Last 28 days: Posts seen by (reach) 56 (-9.7%) people. Page views 23 (+27.8%).
- Zoom: 12 month plan renewed until 24th October 2023 at a discounted cost of £93.52 (Full price £143.88)
- Questions – Secretary reported on funds raised for his Cuban Cycle Challenge 2022
- Questions - Dates for next year to be agreed, including physical meetings
Equality Officers Report
No report, apologies tendered.
Youth Officers Report
No report. Apologies tended.
Race Officers Report
No report. Secretary raised concerns that we did not have any reports this year and we need rectify this position in 2023.
Regional Organisers Report
No report – apologies tendered.
Accompanying Reps Report
Secretary reported he had been very busy with cases and with some success in getting members reinstated back to work.
- Neil – new ASDA rep. Hopefully get some resources – files etc. Secretary to ask Rachelle.
- Neil reported on current cases he has been dealing with.
Any Other Business
No other business.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
November 24th, 7pm – Zoom