Below are the summary minutes of the meeting. A full copy of the minutes are sent to attendees and available on request from the branch secretary
Summary Minutes of the Branch Meeting held on 29th June 2023
- Phil Roper – vacancy in Scotland.
- Individual emails from members – work related issues.
- Rachelle, ref. Corby Town Council – Pride 2023
- Adrian – website up-date.
- Trade Union Freedom – employment rights.
- Corby Town Council – funding for Pride event.
- Kettering CLP.
- Finbar Bowie – Young Workers Network
- Banner Theatre – The Great Divide – new play.
- Rachelle – ASDA.
- Campaign for Trade Union Rights.
- Kettering CLP – Meeting up-dates.
- Cllr. Mark Pengelley – Corby Highland Gathering.
- Campaign for Trade Union Rights – Tolpuddle.
- Cuba Solidarity membership. Agreed affiliation.
- Rule Book – signed off by Congress.
- Adel Atkiss – Tolpuddle event – tickets available.
- Regional Council Minutes.
- Branch ULR rep.
- Northants Journal – article. Concerns on AI!
- CEC mins.
- GMB – response to the Low Pay Commission.
- Union Learning Rep (ULR) – Neil interested. Secretary to contact Neil.
- Regional Minutes – Secretary covered the report on the salient points of CEC meeting.
- Full report on the Corby Pride event. Excellent feedback on the day from members, media and GMB coverage.
- Report on IT issues with GMB and covering audits. Issues have finally been resolved.
- Report on Q2 audit.
Request from the President to support Amazon workers in dispute. Agreed a donation of £xxx
Digital Communications Officers Report
Website activity for last 30 days: we had 195 (-26) website visits (sessions) by 167 (+21) people (users) and they viewed 713 (+290) pages.
News Items Added to Website: INTERVIEW WITH BBC NORTHANTS RADIO ABOUT CORBY PRIDE GMB UNION ASDA RETAIL NOTICEBOARD SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING 250523 JUNE 2023 BRANCH MEETING
Domain name gmbnorthants.org renewed for 1 year at cost of £20.39
WhatsApp Group has 29 members (+0)
The June email newsletter was sent out on Monday 26th June to 1,574 members (May list) and has been opened by 558 members, a 35.7% opening rate
Twitter: 776 (+5) Followers. Last 28 days: Tweets viewed (impressions) 122 (-77%) Profile visits 57
Facebook: 288 (+3) Followers. Last 28 days: Posts seen (reach) 31 (-81.8%)
Equality Officers Report
Secretary reported on discussions he had with Pat. More specifically a Congress report.
Youth Officers Report
Race Officers Report
No report. Concerns expressed that we still do not have a Race Officer.
Regional Organisers Report
Accompanying Reps Report
Secretary reported on cases that he had covered in the month of June.
Neil reported on his workplace, ASDA. Another comprehensive and full report from Neil. Some real concerns on health and safety issues that he has brought to the attention of the company.
Neil reported on a recruitment day, with some success and how busy he has been working with members.
Any Other Business
- Corby Highland Gathering
- Evening with Jess Phillips MP – Corby. Tickets available from the Secretary.