Below are the summary minutes of the meeting. A full copy of the minutes are issued to attendees and are available on request from the branch secretary.
A PDF file copy of the September Summary Minutes are also here.
GMB Northants Community Branch
Secretary, Alan Irwin
Summary Minutes of the Branch Meeting held on 29th September 2022
- Wortley Hall, Shareholder’s meeting.
- Nicaragua updates.
- GMB vacancies.
- Silk Mill Festival – cancelled.
- GMB – anti racism in the workplace
- War on Want – Global issues update.
- East Midlands National Pension Conference.
- AVAAZ – War in Ukraine.
- West Northants Labour Group meeting.
- Corby Trades Council – meeting 5th October 2022.
- Homestart – Pledge, Big Gift.
- War on Want – Energy Crisis.
- Correspondence from FTO – New Rep, Neil Gardener, Asda.
- James McClennan – Taxi sponsorship.
- AVAAZ – Free education for children around the world.
- Regional Council Minutes.
- Phil Roper – Will Thorne House, request for funds.
- Phil Roper – re-affiliation to Wood Craft Folk
- Unity Trust – Newsletter and website.
- Correspondence from member – request for funding.
- War on Want.
- National Pension Committee.
- Nicaragua – up-date.
- Cuba Solidarity Cycle Ride, November – update.
- Up-date from the Secretary on his forthcoming cycle ride in Cuba. He reported that he has had some funding from other branches and once again, thanked the branch for their support. Cuban night on the 21st October still going ahead – tickets still available. FTO suggested the Secretary contact the Region for support.
- Report CEC, up-date on current disputes, conferences, and general business.
- Meeting with West Northants Council Labour Group, 4th September. FTO to report later in the meeting.
Unity Trust: £xxxxxxxx
Credit Union: £xxxxxxxx
Secretary reported that Q2 reports have been submitted and signed off by our Auditors and President.
President gave an update on her Employment Law course. President has been accepted at Bristol to do the course on-line in 2023. Branch wished the President all the best in her future studies, and she will communicate with the Secretary about support with books.
Digital Communications Officers Report
Website activity for last 30 days: we had 137 (+2) website visits (sessions) by 111 (-8) people (users) and they viewed 416 464 (-48) pages.
News Items Added to Website:
· GMB WORKPLACE ANTI-RACISM MEETING · TUC MIDLANDS FESTIVAL OF LEARNING – 2 SEPTEMBER 2022 · EM NPC: DERBY SILK MILL FESTIVAL SATURDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER · DEMONSTRATION TORY PARTY CONFERENCE 2ND OCTOBER 2022 · FILM PREMIER OF WITH A GUN IN THEIR HANDS · WE DEMAND BETTER: NORTHAMPTON TOWN HALL 13 OCTOBER 2022 · WE DEMAND BETTER: CORBY TOWN HALL 5 OCTOBER 2022 · SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING 280722 · GMB REPRESENTATIVES EDUCATION TRAINING PROGRAMME 2022/23 · SEPTEMBER 2022 BRANCH MEETING
WhatsApp Group has 31 members (+0)
The September email newsletter was sent out on Monday 26th September to 1,602 members (August list) and has been opened by 570 members, a 35.6% opening rate
Twitter: 726 (-2) Followers. Last 28 days: Tweets viewed (impressions) 379 (+405.3%) Profile visits 183(-36.9%)
Facebook: 268 (+3) Followers. Last 28 days: Posts seen by (reach) 62 (-85.4%) people. Page views 18 (+50%).
Equality Officers Report
Youth Officers Report
Race Officers Report
Regional Organisers Report
- FTO reported a busy few month in the region and local area.
- Report on North Northants pay and benefits negotiations.
- Report on meeting with West Northants Labour Group.
- Report on Matalan
- Schools – recruitment going well. Up-date on current issues, campaigns, and negotiations.
- Asda – pay campaign going into 2023.
- Report, North, Daventry
Accompanying Reps Report
Secretary reported he had been very busy with cases. Expressed concern about the impact disciplinaries are having on members, in terms of their mental health and wellbeing.
Any Other Business
Member wanted to know about expenses towards phone for the Secretary. Secretary reported he was happy with using his own phone at the moment but thanked the member for raising the issue.
Member thanked the branch for the support to Homestart Kettering
Members re-elected to Regional Council.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
October 27th, 7pm – Zoom