Below are the summary minutes of the meeting. A full copy of the minutes are issued to attendees and are available on request from the branch secretary.
A PDF file copy of the March Summary Minutes are also here.
Summary Minutes of the Branch Meeting held on 30th March 2023
- Building a TU response against the Far Right, 13th March
- Northants TUC – March of Defiance
- Motion from Notts Trades Council – Economic Recovery
- National Pensioners Convention – update on restructuring
- Correspondence from member, NPH
- Phil Roper – Vacancy
- Corby Trades Council – March in Defiance
- Credit Union – updates
- EMPC – AGM minutes
- Regional Council minutes
- Audit 4 – signed off and confirmed by NAU
- Pensioners SOS – Demo
- WoW - Palestinian solidarity
- Invite EMRE
- East Midlands Labour Party - Zoom meeting – 14th March
- Region - Credit note back to bank in the sum £xxx. Invitation to Friends and Bredrins
- Women’s History Month – on-line discussion
- Richard Taylor – new Senior Organiser for Midland Region
- NPC – AGM
- Regional Council – Regional EC – Zoom meeting
- Megaphone – Anti Strike Bill
- Nicaragua – March update – Prisoner Release
- Keep Public Transport Petition
- Peellacraft – invoice (paid)
- Affiliation to Kettering CLP
- Phil Roper - Vacancy
- Workers Memorial Day, stone
- Accompanying Reps
- Labour Research – monthly update.
- Workers Memorial Day (WMD) up-date on progress. Meeting James Lowe – Friends of Coronation Park to discuss how we can clean up the memorial stone.
- WMD – 29th April 2023 – making good progress with play and events on the day at Corby Cube.
- Cuba Solidarity – Sport Aid to Cuba – Agreed branch donation of £xxxx.
- Meeting with Lee Barron – prospective candidate for Corby and East Northants LP.
- Minutes of the Regional Committee Meeting, 8th February. Copies available on request.
- York Disabled Workers Co-operative. Up-date.
- Amazon Coventry, EMAS, WMAS, Geddington Council, Derby City Council dispute up-dates.
- President reported how proud she feels to be a GMB member and how we have been supporting the Amazon workers. Also, how well we have done with recruitment of new members. RO gave an up-date on recruitment and dispute.
Digital Communications Officers Report
Website activity for last 30 days: we had 214 (+70) website visits (sessions) by 140 (+14) people (users) and they viewed 795 (+234) pages.
News Items Added to Website: YOUNG MEMBERS DEVELOPMENT WEEKEND - MAY 2023 SURVIVORS TRUST HELPLINE MARCH IN MARCH NORTHAMPTON 2023 NATIONAL RACE BANNER WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH EVENT SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING 230223 MARCH 2023 BRANCH MEETING WORKERS MEMORIAL DAY EVENT CORBY 2023
Website hosting still free at the moment - monitoring situation. (Weebly website hosting has been free for many years, I have been notified there will be an introduction of yearly charge from 14th March of about £60 to continue using our connected domain of gmbnorthants.org. We would continue to also pay £20 per year for the domain name)
WhatsApp Group has 31 members (-1)
The March email newsletter was sent out on Monday 27th March to 1,576 members (January list) and has been opened by 723 members, a 46.2% opening rate Top link Rachelle at March in March
Twitter: 765 (+12) Followers. Last 28 days: Tweets viewed (impressions) 362 (-42.6%) Profile visits 369 (+69.3%)
Facebook: 276 (+4) Followers. Last 28 days: Posts seen by (reach) 251 (+373.6%) people. Page visits 44 (-20%).
Regional Organisers Report
- North Northants Council.
- West Northants Council.
- Grand Union Housing.
- Accuma Classics.
- Chiltern Primary School.
- Boohoo Daventry.
Accompanying Reps Report (ARs)
Secretary reported on cases he has handled in the past few weeks.
Any Other Business
Comments on ‘lone working’ and how it continues to be a health and safety problem.
Member expressed his concern based on his time in the police service over 24 years.
Corby Trades Council, Zoom 6th April 2023. Everyone welcome in Northants. Will put details on website and up-date at next meeting.