Below are the summary minutes of the meeting. A full copy of the minutes are sent to attendees and available on request from the branch secretary
Summary Minutes of the Branch Meeting held on 28th September 2023
- Various correspondence over 2 months. War on Want, Cuba Solidarity, Nicaragua. Campaigning issues and up-dates over the past 2 months.
- Number of emails from individual members on work related issues.
- 38 Degrees, campaigning issues.
- South Yorkshire – 6th August 2023
- Home Start Kettering – Annual report. On website
- Invoice from Pellecraft. Recruitment equipment.
- Pat – Bladder cancer. Set up meeting for visiting speaker.
- Prospective Parliamentary Candidate, (PPLC) Kettering LP.
- Neil – recruitment at Asda.
- Regional mins, July 2023. Salient point covered.
- Hardship request from member. Payment of £xxx agreed by branch.
- Various WhatsApp notifications on activity in the branch region.
- Accompanying Reps training in Nottingham.
- Numerous correspondence with Adrian regarding website posts.
- Campaign for Trade Union Freedom. Public order laws.
- Team Labour, Mid Bedfordshire by-election.
- Various items of correspondence from Rachelle.
- Pat – fully funded learning courses. No further action.
- Kettering Home Start. Letter of thanks.
- Pat – Police Fire CC report, update.
- Prestige awards, Yorkshire.
- Banner Theatre, new presentations, plays, songs…
- Cuba Solidarity, Cycle trip 2024
- Rachelle , Matalan update.
- EC mins. Salient issues covered.
- Accidental death coverage. Clarification from Rachelle.
- Finbar Bowie, delegates to the CLPs.
- GMB vacancies.
- Martin Allen, Cammell Laird. Labour Party committed to opening up an enquiry if they get into office.
- Nicaragua updates.
- New EC positions. Covered in Secretaries report.
- Kettering CLP – campaigning events.
- Pat – equality training.
- ITF- union busting report.
- Spirit of Corby Festival.
- Pat Congress 2024 – Pat has declared an interest to be a delegate again. Agreed Pat should represent the branch.
- Rachelle – Grand Union Housing dispute.
- Pat – Planks Gave Way – logistics of taking it to Congress.
- North Northants journal – report around the region.
- Fight Bladder Cancer – Agreed separate meeting.
- Meeting PPLC KCP. Full discussion on the process and the potential for inviting candidates to the branch. Secretary to discuss with Finbar Bowie.
- Accompanying Reps training. Secretary reported on course which he attended.
- Solidarity Saturday, TU – 14th October, Corby.
- Congress 2024 – Pat elected.
- Materials from Regional office – employment law etc…
- New industrial sector seats on Midlands EC. No further action.
- Play by Paula Boulton, 23rd October, Corby.
- Meeting with Rajko, branch up-date.
- Report on meeting with Corby Home Start.
Digital Communications Officer
Website activity for last 30 days: we had 223 (+55) website visits (sessions) by 172 (+51) people (users)
News Items Added to Website:
- SOLIDARITY SATURDAY IN CORBY, SATURDAY 14 OCTOBER 2023
- SEPTEMBER 2023 BRANCH MEETING
- SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING 270723
- WORLD MENOPAUSE DAY
- TUC MIDLANDS EQUALITIES CONFERENCE
- GMB POLITICAL FUND BALLOT
- GMB CONTINGENT INDEMNITY INSURANCE
- DENSO MARSTON LTD WORKERS DEMAND FAIR PAY
- SAVE OUR RAILWAY TICKET OFFICES
- GMB FIGHTING FOR A BETTER FUTURE
- CORBY CORONATION PARK MEMORIAL WALK
- NORTHANTS PFCC MUST GO
- 1 IN 8 WORKERS IN EAST MIDLANDS IN INSECURE WORK TUC WARNS
- LABOURS PEOPLE LIKE ME TRAINING PROGRAMME
The September email newsletter was sent out on Friday 22nd September to 1,602 members (August list) and has been opened by 677 members, a 42.6% opening rate
X / Twitter: 800 (+7) Followers. Last 28 days: Tweets viewed (impressions) 56 (-3.4%)
Facebook: 310 (+14) Followers. Last 28 days: Posts seen (reach) 243 (+127.1%)
Regional Organisers Report
- Solidarity Saturday. 14th October, Corby
- Workplace reports:
- Matalan – new rep and up-date on site meetings.
- Rack concrete in schools report.
- Grand Union Housing Group – update on current negotiations.
- ASDA – equal pay campaign update, training days and legal challenges in the court.
- Wilkinsons – update on company redundancies and the impact on our members. Potential claim for lack of consultation! Real concerns around pensions.
Accompanying Reps Report
Secretary reported on cases that he had covered in the month of September/October.
- Neil reported on his workplace activities.
- Neil reported on his recruitment day. 5 new members and 2 new reps.
- Neil raised concerns about cleanliness in the stores. A real H&S issue!
- Neil planning a future recruitment day for Halloween.
Next meeting 26th October 2023